back in january (you guys, another new year is in 3ISH MONTHS…WHAT???), i made some new year’s resolutions and i actually stuck to them. it’s funny – i think i just assumed i would never stick to new year’s resolutions because i always see things on instagram or memes about no one ever doing theirs so i have never tried! #thatsdumb
i kept my resolutions simple and small with a quote to tie them together so i could easily remember them. my 2016 goal overall is to minimize comparison so as to eliminate jealousy. but more on that in three and a half months when i do a wrap-up on what i’ve learned in 2016…
i often talk about goals and dreams, etc etc but i have a hard time actually remembering what those are. for example, i have this “bucket list” i often refer to but i couldn’t tell you what’s on my bucket list because it doesn’t really exist anywhere on paper – ya know what i mean?
SOOOO to keep myself accountable for 23 being a rockstar year, i wrote a list of 23 things i want to do by august 5, 2017. if it worked for 2016, i figure it’ll work for 23 too. i have a private list of a few more personal ones but these are quantifiable and i can physically check them off my list as they are completed which i am ALL about.
anywho, you can follow along as i try to cross them all off over the next 10.5 months!
ps the bold numbers are ones i have already completed!;)
- visit new york
- make my own ice cream (holiday flavored? i am thinking pumpkin or cinnamon…or both…)
- (finally) buy glasses i love to wear (for once in my darn life)
- go on a road trip to an outdoorsy location (to vitalia: insert yourself here)
- shoot an engagement photography session
- spend intentional time with Him everyday for at least 15 minutes
- bake a cake for no reason and top it with flowers
- launch a blog
- read one self-development book per month
- make plans to travel internationally either in year 23 or 24
- go to confession once a month
- go home to colorado and visit my brother
- go thrift shopping at least once a season
- make a terrarium
- learn how to transfer my writing onto the computer to make my own lettering
- make a desktop background to share
- design a mock-up for a planner (this is a serious pipe dream of mine)
- make a diy holiday wrapping paper post
- shoot a family photography session
- schedule a wedding as the main photographer
- use first names whenever possible (grocery store, flight attendants, the homeless, etc.) to promote dignity of life
- volunteer at least three times (more would be great!!!)
- get 5,000 followers on my instagram account
a few tips for those of you who want to make a list for yourself: keep it manageable, post it in a place where you’ll frequently see it and make each item something quantifiable. for example, instead of “read more” you can do “read 3 books every month”, etc.
23 has already been challenging and blessed. i feel like this is the year that god is just completely breaking me down to build me into something better because i am being tested and am reevaluating so much of what is important to me – which of course includes all of you!:)
vibed to the best crew by tep no while writing